Saturday 28 May 2011

Marjorie

Last year we celebrated Marjorie's 80th birthday, I had planned to write a press release ( it sadly remained half finished - due to lack of time and writing skills! )
So I want to take the opportunity to thank Marjorie, she and Zoe have been at the backbone of Shallal since it started, supporting everything we do. Their constancy and creativity have fed us all, and I am very grateful and honoured to work with them.
Zoe and Marjorie with flowers and cake
It would be good to do a short history of what Marjorie has done through her life, for Zoe, for Mencap and others, but that needs more time and maybe we can write it in the future. 


Instead I'd like to share a poem Marjorie wrote for the show On the Line.


Memory Line
A washing line most people think
Is to hang out your clothes to dry
But mine is special, I peg on mine
My special thoughts, my hopes, my fears
A dried red rose from my wedding bouquet
My first mothers day card, specially made
A valentines card, some photographs from long ago,
when I was young and slim
Such memories they bring to me
My dreams, my hopes, my prayers
These are the things that you will find upon my washing line.
by Marjorie Wilton


Marjorie with Tim in MASK





Marjorie and Zoe in Mind the Gap

No comments:

Post a Comment