Monday 15 June 2020

Connect & Create Music Choice week 11 ....and dance links

A very random mix, this week pick and mix!
Enjoy!

Shallal 2 are currently stretching their wings and happy to have old friends rejoin us!
Lisa Mortensen who covered my maternity leave 12 years ago came along!
and has suggested some great tunes

  • Brown Rice by Shadowfax    As you were talking about comedic music yesterday, I remembered this song from my days at Annexe Arts


  • More songs from Shadowfax - good for shapes
  • Prez Prado - good for humour and lifting the energy


Jo- Social dance

Demelza's suggestions



Jo- Themes






I listened to this list again and decided it needs a challenge..



Demelza's again....



Jo- In memory of Marjorie and with love to Zoe




add on....

Anna and i listened to Einaudi 'Seven Days Walking'' on our way home in the car travelling through Somerset what joy! and I found this

Dance links and thoughts
Kirstie Simson
really interesting some of her perspective around dance, life and performance i find myself resting within some of her view and in Wolfgang's ethos and outlook, extraordinary how much ones early 20's affect you? 
I watched her perform with Julyen Hamilton at Dartington in early 80's and it has stayed with me all my life such playful joyful robust ( really highly skilled) contact improv.

Anna and I looked at some of these...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMofhpopp8w&t=207s


And then there is ...PINA, a must see...
(and a good essay about it we posted some years ago
https://shallal-arts.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-love-creativity-and-excitement-around.html)



and in the background interesting links and conversations starting ....
Doughnut Economics research


No comments:

Post a Comment