Saturday 10 September 2022

Roots & Robert Fripp & Rambling...

 Roots are interesting in any form I find, and particularly the roots of ideas, inspirations, connections...

Robert Fripp became Shallal's patron through the route of my husband Peter Willis (my best critic and support, we met and worked together in dance groups I facilitated at the John Daniel Centre, Penzance before Shallal was born, and after he supported our early outings, by driving the mini bus etc, along with our administrator and her husband). 

Robert explains their connection and shows an early painting of Peters in this...

 



Watching Peter paint, as an abstract artist, informed my approach to dance, the process of creating work for me has more to do often with spontaneous layered painting than formal choreography.
Robert and Peter went to Sherbourne, here Peter learnt sacred dances so he he has an experiential understanding of the body moving in that way.
and then became a deacon in the Orthodox church ( he is now retired) 
and founded Guitar craft  http://guitarcraft.com/

This is a rambling blog inspired by Roots and Shallal's patron and while here it led me to Skye and a song I love of hers not yet recorded except on this home video from our event and then to another video. 
Back Lane West soon and i have ideas to commission/record some Festive songs and I hope to commission Skye as well as others, need to speak to them soon!
(Also a challenge to create a Shallal round, inspired by Seamus Carey's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KuwW9PEVBM&ab_channel=SeamasCarey)
It's an extraordinary privilege to work with people over time and Skye came to Shallal 2 and Shallal Dance Theatre in her teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment