Tuesday 18 December 2018

Hear My Voice....feedback and first photos







Thank you to our funders, we have thoroughly enjoyed researching, creating, performing and discussing this vital subject.


George's photos....."Yes, perfect...I’ll just use Annis’s head as a stable tripod!”  

Back in behind the scenes mode, Anna and Annis, kindly serving tea and recording the show - Thank you to them and everyone involved.
Great feedback and hopes and plans to share the work of Hear My Voice coming soon....
just in....
Friday 22 February
afternoon time tbc
at Hypatia Trust, Penzance.

AUDIENCE
As amazing and uplifting as ever. 
An extraordinary beautiful and clear exposition about horrific disadvantage a century ago.
Have we moved on?
Women have - a bit, but theres still so far to go.
And will anything change as long as men are the predominant possessors of power?
More of Shallal's inclusive generous beauty is one pathway to me hopes.
Nigel W

"To put that show on in just 3 weeks is amazing. You should take it on the road."
Ian Smith

It brought to life the struggles of the women in my family through the generations.
Debs mum
(Debs wrote about her great granny and granny who lived locally it was incredibly moving and i can't do it justice, i hope you see/hear it sometime.)

Watching the performance, I felt very grateful and emotional that those women did that. How my life could be so very different if they had not!

Thank you very much for the amazing performance of dance and poetry to celebrate 100 years of women getting the vote.
The performances were sincerely and movingly done and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The message came across loud and clear. Well done everyone!

Beautifully put together

Very moving and Exhilerating and Refreshing

Really enjoyed the connections Verbally- physically and emotional

PERFORMERS
I really enjoyed doing the dance, I think the performance was very inclusive. 

I think women should be able to vote for the country,
Zoe Wilton/dancer

It is an honour to remember and celebrate those brave women who have through their activities won the vote ( for a limited social demographic) in 1918. I do feel that we still have a very long way to go to achieve parity in society in the UK today. 
Star/performer

Its good to have the NHS. Its good we haven't got the workhouse. I think things are better now.
Katie /dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment