Monday 17 March 2014

Kerry's writing "My own experiences"

My own experiences.
"Dance allows me to show different emotions like feeling free like a bird. Dance allows me to move in ways I normally won't be able too. When I'm dancing I completely forget about my physical body and feel instantly included. Dance, allows me to stretch me to my full potential plus it gives me the chance to explore different opportunities of ways of improving my movement and in turn dance too. When dancing I feel alive, and I completely forget about everything going on in my daily life. Dance allows me to explore different avenues due to the fact, that I like taking risks when dancing. I feel the reason I like/love taking risks is because, I am making up for all the years, I couldn't do anything, apart from move my head and talk, but nowadays, if you met me in 2014, you would see me in a different light as, I live totally independently in the community and live my life to the full, just like anyone else. I believe that's a lot to do with my own determination plus the help of surgeons too. Otherwise, I wouldn't be walking with the help of a walking frame and  to be honest with you, I didn't ever think I was ever going to be able to walk and enjoy the flow of dancing, dancing is a very big part of my life now. Embrace life as a whole. If I can do it, hopefully what I have written may encourage others too."
Kerry

relaxing at St Ives in between performances

Kerry and Toby at The Performance Centre with Works in Progress 2011

Kerry joined Shallal through Open House with Colin and Terri and then progressed into the main company. I could write so much about her work and all she brings to the company but for now I will let her words speak, and just thank her.
On an arty note we plan to revisit the duo Kerry created with Terri using bamboos poles, this time working with Colin.




No comments:

Post a Comment