Tuesday 20 December 2011

Festive greetings


Sometimes my morning emails offer nice surprises!
such as this from Colin Rogers.....
 "Sue me!  I've used your e-card and sent it to all the trustees and senior managers in Mencap as my Christmas card.  Hope that's OK !"
 Colin Rogers
Managing Director
Deco Films & Television Ltd.


"Yes, I know, it's unusual to send someone else's e-card to wish you a Happy Christmas!  But this one is special.  It was designed by 11 year-old Anna for Shallal, an inclusive community-based charity that makes dance theatre and related arts accessible to a wide range of people in Cornwall, particularly those with learning disability.  Shallal was started at The Acorn in Penzance, which I help to run, but later became a stand-alone charity.  They do fantastic, inspiring work but, like many others, Shallal has this year lost all the funding it had, not because it is not worthy of support but because those with the gentlest voices are the hardest to hear."
You can see more about them at www.shallal.org.uk .
Wishing you a very happy festive season.



1 comment:

  1. This is where I think blogger should have a 'like' button. I'd share to FB but not sure how you'd feel about that?kx

    ReplyDelete